Dangers of Mold in Your Home

Dangers of Mold in Your Home

Are you aware of all the dangers of mold in the home? You may know that mold in the home can cause health problems, but many people are not aware of the severity of the risk.

Health Effects of Mold

The greatest dangers of exposure to mold are the serious adverse effects it can have on your health and on the health of your family members. Mold-related health problems range from a runny nose or cough to life-threatening pneumonia or bleeding in the lungs.

Potential health problems caused by mold include:

  • Runny nose
  • Cough
  • Sneezing
  • Allergic reactions
  • Hives
  • Rash
  • Trouble breathing
  • Sinus infection
  • Asthma attacks
  • Bronchitis
  • Pneumonia
  • Bleeding in the lungs
  • Headaches
  • Sore throat
  • Fatigue
  • Depression
  • Joint pain

 

The dangers of mold are greatest for infants and small children, older individuals, and people with pre-existing health issues. As an example, those with respiratory disorders like asthma, chronic pulmonary disease, and respiratory disease can seemingly suffer additional from the consequences of mold. Those with compromised immune systems, like individuals with (HIV) or  (AIDS) or individuals undergoing therapy for cancer, also are at a higher risk of mold-related diseases. However, anyone may be affected negatively by mold, even healthy young adults.

Effects of Mold on Pets

Pets are not immune to mold. Just as humans do, pets can also get sick.   Smaller pets are more highly susceptible, just like babies and small children are, but pets of any size can be affected.

Some signs that your pets are being negatively affected by mold in the home include:

  • Excessive scratching (in the absence of fleas)
  • Licking or chewing on his paws or feet
  • Skin rash
  • Sores
  • Runny eyes
  • Wheezing when he breathes
  • Frequent sneezing
  • Itchy ears (scratching them a lot)
  • Ear infections (his ears may have a yeasty smell if you sniff them closely)
  • Lethargy or fatigue

See your vet if you’re pet shows signs of mold-related health illness. In addition to the appropriate veterinary treatment, it may be necessary to remove your pet from the home until the mold problem can be dealt with. Without proper treatment, pets can die from excessive exposure to household mold.

How Do You Know if You Have a Mold Problem?

 

Let Rest Easy Mold Control test your home for Mold.  Click here to contact Us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

No Realted Post Found .